Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Hair...what does yours say about you?

Hair styling is very much a personal choice...whether you choose to keep it long, or short...chemically processed, or natural...it makes a statement about you, and your personal style. In this particular blog, I will give no specific do's or don'ts...but I will highlight some things that I have seen that are just wrong! With that said, this will probably be a fairly short post...but as always, questions and comments are more than welcome!

Multi colored hair...as in rainbow bright...why? No, seriously, why? Unless it is Halloween, there is no need for any person to walk around with the rainbow in their hair. It looks unprofessional for any job, and it sends the message that you don't really care about your appearance...which if you spent the time and money to do it, we know that couldn't be further from the truth! I'm all for the unconventional colored rinses (on DARK hair), and/or highlights...I have my own hair rinsed with red or plum(depending on how I feel when I get to the salon), but I have dark hair. So unless I'm in the sun, or really good light, you can't really tell. So basically, my question is, why would anyone want to walk around looking like this?



Hair Weaves...I have zero problems with weaves. However, I do have a problem with poorly done/kept weaves.  If you have kinky hair, but your weave is silky straight...and you didn't think to relax your hair before getting said weave, this is a problem. If you can see your tracks, because your natural hair was not blended properly, this is a problem. And lastly, if you can not afford to maintain your weave (i,e getting the tracks tightened, having it properly washed/styled, etc), then PLEASE don't get one to begin with! The last thing you want is to be walking around looking like this:

                                                   

The "natural look"...this will mainly apply to my African American readers...if you are going to do it, do it right! Make sure your hair is healthy, and you're using the right products for your hair. For tips and tricks, check out my girl Mznaturallife at https://www.facebook.com/home.php#!/MzNaturalLife.

As always, thank you for taking the time to read the Big Girl Blog! Now go forth, and keep it classy!

No comments:

Post a Comment