Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Jeans, Jeans, and more Jeans!

Now, more than ever, the choices we have for Jeans are endless...which can make it very difficult to find the right style of  Jean for you. But never fear, the Big Girl Blog is here with tips on how to find the perfect style and fit for you. As always, questions and feedback are welcome! And you all must think I am joking when I say that, but I mean it...I really do!!!

First. lets tackle the don'ts...

1. The "mom jean"- Why? No really, why? Why would any woman want to walk around in a high waisted, slim legged jean that does absolutely nothing to enhance the figure? I mean really, do want to walk around looking like this?


2. The boot cut jean- in my personal opinion, this look is atrocious on any one...tall, short, full figured, and thin...unless you're going to a costume party dressed as a hippy, there is no need for the boot cut jean...boot cut is just a fancy way of saying bell bottom...to this I say, please don't. lol... I mean really, do you find this look flattering?

Now, with those items out of the way...let move on to the Do's.

1. Flare Jeans- these are a great alternative to the boot leg jean. When worn correctly, they fit closer to the body until about mid to lower calf, where the cut is slightly wider. These can be worn with anything from heals, to flats, to boots, and still be stylish. See below for an example from Lane Bryant:


2.The straight leg jean- in most cases, this should be the standard go to jean. As long as you are wearing your true size, straight leg jeans will look good on anyone. There are, as always, exceptions to the rule...if your calves are thick, you may want to stick with flare jeans. See below for example from Lane Bryant:

3. The Skinny Jeans/Jeggings- I touched on this in a previous blog. Basically, the same rules that apply for the straight leg jean will apply here. Big Calves? Say no to the skinny Jean. That's all.

4. The new trend...the colored jean- as a 35 year old woman, I am not entirely sure about how I feel about these yet. In theory, I like the idea of taking the basic skinny jean or jegging, and stepping it up a notch...but I am not sure if this would be age appropriate for me. So, I believe I will give them a try in order to make an informed decision, and report back later...lol. In the mean time, if you are brave enough to give them a try, click the link below to check some from Old Navy.
http://oldnavy.gap.com/browse/category.do?cid=70133

5. Fit-If you are unsure on how to fit yourself properly for jeans of any style, make a trip to Lane Bryant. They have a color coded system that will help you find the perfect jean for you. And, the associates are trained to help you find your true size, and the style that works best for you. I have personally had the fitting, and it works!

As always, thank you for taking the time to read my blog. Now go forth and keep it classy!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment